The Mother of All Trips - Can I Rent A Car At 19

The picture isn’t as bleak as it was years ago, when many of the big companies didn’t allow any car rental under 25 years of age. Drivers ages 21 to 24 can now rent at most locations operated by Advantage, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, National, and Sixt. The minimum age to rent a car at Hertz, Dollar, and Thrifty is 20 years old at most locations.
He will be charged for an additional fee because he is under 25. If you meet the requirements, the actual process of renting a car at age 19 works just like it does at age 55 – you'll need to present a valid driver's license and an approved form of payment, sign the contracts required by the rental agency and you're off to the races – not literally, please.
Website is a1vehiclehire.co.uk and instagram a1vehiclehire contact details are on their instagram and website. They are the only company in the UK to do 18+ hire for young drivers.
In official statement speak "underage" is usually under 25. Unlock your student discount at Goldcar to Hire a car with Student Beans. Additionally, we would like to inform you that your data can be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area, depending on the location of the rental vehicle (especially Turkey) solely for the purpose of providing the service requested.
Perhaps you are hoping to relax after the stress of exams. Car hire can provide you with the means to get out and about to explore your chosen holiday spot. Sally is a key member of the MoneyMaxim editorial team. She is a frequent hire-car user and often goes on holiday with her family. With an interest in getting great value for money, Sally shares her hints and tips for travelling and insurance.
  • Here at MoneyMaxim, we aim to provide as clear a quote as possible and if you run a car hire quote with us then all Young Driver Fees are included as standard.
  • Car Rental under 21 is available in Michigan, New York State (info below), and for military personnel and government employees.
  • However, most major car rental companies allow drivers below 25 years old to drive a rental car as long as they pay the underage driver fee and meet all the requirements.
  • use this link makes it easy and hassle free to rent a car under 25 years of age.
  • By using the promotional code 144314, young renters won't have to pay the usual $25 daily surcharge on rentals driven now through September 30.

Do you need insurance to rent a car?

Technically, no, you can't book a rental car for someone else; you can't pay for it with your card and have someone else sign the contract and leave with the car. And for good reason, too. more helpful hints is expensive, and the rental car contract is a legal document.

Budget Travel

Can I drive my parents rental car?

Yes, the minimum age to rent a vehicle is 21 years of age. A 'Young Renter Fee' may be applied to your rental, if you are between the ages of 21 and 24. The average cost is approximately $20.00 per day but can be higher or lower based on the rental location.
I only use 'name brand' so I don't have any specific companies to recommend, but Google can offer ideas. Remember, you get what you pay for.
But it's getting easier for 20-year-olds to rent just like the grownups. There are some off-brand or local rental companies that rent to 19 year old drivers. Some have limited distances that you can drive.